Kerala diaspora can register online for survey
Thiruvananthapuram: People from Kerala living outside India will now be able to get themselves registered online for a diaspora survey, a minister said Monday.
The state government decided to provide the online facility because of the demand from the Kerala diaspora, State Minister for Diaspora K.C. Joseph said.
The government has asked members of the diaspora to get themselves registered online latest by Sep 20.
Close to 2.5 million people from Kerala are living outside India, most of them in the Middle East.
There have been a lot of demand from the diaspora that since they were living outside the country, they may not be able to take part in the ongoing household diaspora survey that began May 1.
After the Centre announced an all-India survey on the diaspora, the Kerala government came up with a separate questionnaire to find out the basic information of the Kerala diaspora from every household.
Officials from the Kerala Bureau of Economics and Statistics, of which Joseph is in charge, will work on the all-India survey.
However, the survey will have no questions on the financial aspect of migrants, like remittances received and other such details.
The NORKA (Non-resident Keralite Affairs Department) is the nodal agency entrusted to do the state-wide survey. The state government has allocated Rs.1.95 crore to NORKA for the survey.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31