`Kerala emerging as most investor friendly state`
London: Kerala is rapidly emerging as one of the most preferred destinations of economic activity in India and ranked as one of the most investor friendly states, Minister for Public Works V K Ebrahim Kunju has said here.
Speaking at a one-day UK-Kerala Investor Meet held at the India House here yesterday, Kunju said: "Kerala is rapidly emerging as one of the most preferred destinations of economic activity in the nation. We are ranked as one of the most investor friendly states in India in recent times."
He said the state has a clear development agenda to attract investments.
"The long-term sustainable and inclusive economic growth is of top most priority of the government at the moment. We are committed to give a fair, transparent and effective governance and administration in the state."
The Minister also referred to some of the projects showcased at the "Emerging Kerala 2012, a global investor meet" held in Kochi recently, such as Kochi Metro Rail Project, Monorail Projects and High Speed Rail Corridor, among others.
"Apart from this, Kerala offers various investment opportunities in the Tourism, Health Care, Bio Technology and Information Technology," he told the prospective investors.
Amitabh Jain, Minister (Economic), High Commission of India, London, said Kerala has earned a reputation during the last two decades for being a top tourist destination - God`s Own Country.
Besides being the Spice capital of India, the state has also the highest literacy rate in the country, he said.
M P Veerendrakumar, Managing Director of `Mathrubhumi`, a Malayalam daily, said "Kerala is blessed with nature and is trying to be an investor friendly state."
Kodiyeri Balakrishnan, Deputy Leader of Opposition, Kerala Legislative Assembly, described Kerala as "investor friendly" and all parties are united in seeing that Kerala emerged as a top investor destination in the country.
Other participants at the meet included Commonwealth Institute for Infrastructure Development Managing Director Geoffrey Clements, UK Confederation of Indian Industry Director & Head Dr Gunveena Chadha, Marx World Director Babu Joseph, Global Capital Advisors Ltd CEO T Chandran, and Vijay Goel, Partner, Singhania & Co. LLP.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!