Kerala Finance Minister seeks support of Centre for development projects
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Finance Minister KM Mani on Wednesday sought the support and assistance of the Centre to carry forward development projects formulated by the state.
Mani, in a letter to Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, said that with his (Jaitley) vast professional experience and exposure to various sectors in the Union Government, he was sure that the FM would be able to evolve suitable policies for the overall economic growth of the country.
Stating that the nation`s economy had been doing well in the last few years, he said lack of growth has adversely affected revenues of both Central and State Governments.
The Central Government had in fact made substantial reductions in Plan outlays, he pointed out.
The share of Central taxes to States had also come down significantly last year.
Mani said the global economic slowdown had its impact on India also, resulting in a fall in revenues, economic growth and employment generation.
Implementation of VAT in the previous decade had helped the state consolidate their fiscal position. But this trend was reversed in the last few years because of the fall in growth, he said.
"I would therefore request you to keep in view the urgent need to rejuvenate the economy`, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi