Kerala first among states in India in education sector
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala has come out first among states in the country in the sectors of education, micro-finance, agriculture, marketing and investment in a survey conducted by a leading magazine.
In last year`s survey, Kerala was in the second place among the states.
Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu secured the second and third positions this year.
Goa topped the list of best governed states in the smaller states category.
The survey pointed out a 10 per cent increase in domestic production in Kerala indicated that the economic recession had not affected the state.
In the education sector, the teacher-student ratio had become 1:25 as against the national ratio of 2:100. The per capita income of citizens in the state had also increased.
The magazine described Kerala as a state that had achieved economic growth and human resource development.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read