Kerala first among states in India in education sector
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala has come out first among states in the country in the sectors of education, micro-finance, agriculture, marketing and investment in a survey conducted by a leading magazine.
In last year`s survey, Kerala was in the second place among the states.
Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu secured the second and third positions this year.
Goa topped the list of best governed states in the smaller states category.
The survey pointed out a 10 per cent increase in domestic production in Kerala indicated that the economic recession had not affected the state.
In the education sector, the teacher-student ratio had become 1:25 as against the national ratio of 2:100. The per capita income of citizens in the state had also increased.
The magazine described Kerala as a state that had achieved economic growth and human resource development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail