Kerala first among states in India in education sector
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala has come out first among states in the country in the sectors of education, micro-finance, agriculture, marketing and investment in a survey conducted by a leading magazine.
In last year`s survey, Kerala was in the second place among the states.
Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu secured the second and third positions this year.
Goa topped the list of best governed states in the smaller states category.
The survey pointed out a 10 per cent increase in domestic production in Kerala indicated that the economic recession had not affected the state.
In the education sector, the teacher-student ratio had become 1:25 as against the national ratio of 2:100. The per capita income of citizens in the state had also increased.
The magazine described Kerala as a state that had achieved economic growth and human resource development.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister