Kerala: Fissures in LDF come to the fore
Thiruvananthapuram: Fissures in CPI(M)-led LDF Opposition in Kerala came to the fore today with CPI(M) state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan lambasting CPI for not supporting its agitation to protest the "politically motivated" arrest of its leaders in two murder cases.
"While CPI(M) is being isolated and continuously attacked by political rivals, our main partner CPI is remaining a mute spectator without understanding the gravity of the situation," he said while addressing a rally organised by the party`s youth wing DYFI here.
Apparently provoked by an article in the CPI mouthpiece `Janayugam`, which justified the party`s stand that each LDF constituent had the right to move independently on various issues, Vijayan said it was time the CPI corrected its "apolitical" line.
In its editorial, `Janayugam` had said no party had the right to impose its will on other parties. The LDF never had the approach that all parties should join an agitation called by another constituent in the Front, it said.
Vijayan said it would be better for CPI to correct themselves as a united LDF was necessary to fight the "anti-people" policies of the Congress-led governments at the Centre and the state.
The verbal spat began after CPI leaders refused to join the hartal and agitation that was called by CPI-M to protest against Kannur party district secretary P Jayarjan`s arrest in the murder case of IUML work Abdul Shukoor.
CPI(M) was also sore over CPI not backing the view that its leaders were being targeted and its cadres arrested in connection with the Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekheran murder case.
The verbal duel had reached a point where leaders raked up political killings involving cadres of both parties after the split in the Communist party.
The problems in the Front are likely to be discussed at the next meeting of the LDF liaison committee, dates of which have not yet been finalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!