Kerala: Fissures in LDF come to the fore
Thiruvananthapuram: Fissures in CPI(M)-led LDF Opposition in Kerala came to the fore today with CPI(M) state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan lambasting CPI for not supporting its agitation to protest the "politically motivated" arrest of its leaders in two murder cases.
"While CPI(M) is being isolated and continuously attacked by political rivals, our main partner CPI is remaining a mute spectator without understanding the gravity of the situation," he said while addressing a rally organised by the party`s youth wing DYFI here.
Apparently provoked by an article in the CPI mouthpiece `Janayugam`, which justified the party`s stand that each LDF constituent had the right to move independently on various issues, Vijayan said it was time the CPI corrected its "apolitical" line.
In its editorial, `Janayugam` had said no party had the right to impose its will on other parties. The LDF never had the approach that all parties should join an agitation called by another constituent in the Front, it said.
Vijayan said it would be better for CPI to correct themselves as a united LDF was necessary to fight the "anti-people" policies of the Congress-led governments at the Centre and the state.
The verbal spat began after CPI leaders refused to join the hartal and agitation that was called by CPI-M to protest against Kannur party district secretary P Jayarjan`s arrest in the murder case of IUML work Abdul Shukoor.
CPI(M) was also sore over CPI not backing the view that its leaders were being targeted and its cadres arrested in connection with the Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekheran murder case.
The verbal duel had reached a point where leaders raked up political killings involving cadres of both parties after the split in the Communist party.
The problems in the Front are likely to be discussed at the next meeting of the LDF liaison committee, dates of which have not yet been finalised.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video