Kerala for DMRC taking up Kochi metro project
Thiruvananthapuram:The Kerala government has instructed its representatives in the Director Board of the Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) to support the claim of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to carry out the project.
The decision was taken at a high-level meeting convened by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here yesterday, according to official sources.
The decision assumes significance in the wake of the row that norms of the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) might come in the way of DMRC executing the project.
CVC norms did not allow award of the contract to an agency which did the consultancy for the project, foundation for which was laid by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh recently.
DMRC was a consultant to the state government for preparing the detailed project report. DMRC principal advisor E Sreedharan had said that the norm was not applicable in the case of KMRL as the deal was between two state agencies.
He also cautioned against delay in implementation of the project which would result in a huge financial burden for the state government.
The meeting of the KMRL director board in which the state government has five members, would be meeting on October 19 at Kochi where the state would present the view that the CVC norms might be relaxed in the case of Kochi Metro, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in