Kerala for replacing Padmanabha co-ordinator
New Delhi: Kerala government has approached
the Supreme Court seeking appointment of a new co-ordinator of
the expert committee constituted to evaluate the wealth
discovered in the vaults of Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple.
In an application filed before the apex court, the state
government has submitted that services of Anand Bose, an IAS
officer, need not be continued as he has superannuated and
proposed the name of M V Nair, who is a member secretary of
"A view was taken by the state government that the
services of Anand Bose need not be continued as he has
superannuated and M V Nair was felt to be competent to ensure
continuation and coordination," the application said.
The government said that there is need to appoint a new
co-ordinator in view of retirement of Bose whose service has
not been extended by the Centre.
The government has already issued order for appointment
of Nair as the co-ordinator but it was not put into effect as
it cannot be done without approval of the apex court which is
monitoring the operation of unearthing and preservation of the
The Supreme Court had in September said that the state
could consider appointing Bose as the convenor of the
committee if the Centre granted him an extension in service.
It had on September 22 said that the vault `B` of the
Temple will be opened only after substantial work regarding
documentation and preservation of assets unearthed from other
`kalaras` (vaults) of the shrine is completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing