Kerala for replacing Padmanabha co-ordinator
New Delhi: Kerala government has approached
the Supreme Court seeking appointment of a new co-ordinator of
the expert committee constituted to evaluate the wealth
discovered in the vaults of Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple.
In an application filed before the apex court, the state
government has submitted that services of Anand Bose, an IAS
officer, need not be continued as he has superannuated and
proposed the name of M V Nair, who is a member secretary of
"A view was taken by the state government that the
services of Anand Bose need not be continued as he has
superannuated and M V Nair was felt to be competent to ensure
continuation and coordination," the application said.
The government said that there is need to appoint a new
co-ordinator in view of retirement of Bose whose service has
not been extended by the Centre.
The government has already issued order for appointment
of Nair as the co-ordinator but it was not put into effect as
it cannot be done without approval of the apex court which is
monitoring the operation of unearthing and preservation of the
The Supreme Court had in September said that the state
could consider appointing Bose as the convenor of the
committee if the Centre granted him an extension in service.
It had on September 22 said that the vault `B` of the
Temple will be opened only after substantial work regarding
documentation and preservation of assets unearthed from other
`kalaras` (vaults) of the shrine is completed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption