Kerala for replacing Padmanabha co-ordinator
New Delhi: Kerala government has approached
the Supreme Court seeking appointment of a new co-ordinator of
the expert committee constituted to evaluate the wealth
discovered in the vaults of Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple.
In an application filed before the apex court, the state
government has submitted that services of Anand Bose, an IAS
officer, need not be continued as he has superannuated and
proposed the name of M V Nair, who is a member secretary of
"A view was taken by the state government that the
services of Anand Bose need not be continued as he has
superannuated and M V Nair was felt to be competent to ensure
continuation and coordination," the application said.
The government said that there is need to appoint a new
co-ordinator in view of retirement of Bose whose service has
not been extended by the Centre.
The government has already issued order for appointment
of Nair as the co-ordinator but it was not put into effect as
it cannot be done without approval of the apex court which is
monitoring the operation of unearthing and preservation of the
The Supreme Court had in September said that the state
could consider appointing Bose as the convenor of the
committee if the Centre granted him an extension in service.
It had on September 22 said that the vault `B` of the
Temple will be opened only after substantial work regarding
documentation and preservation of assets unearthed from other
`kalaras` (vaults) of the shrine is completed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan