Kerala Governor cancels `At Home` programme
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Governor RS Gavi has cancelled the `At Home` programme organised in connection with the Republic Day celebrations at Rajbhavan here on January 26 in the wake of the stampede at Pullumedu that
killed 102 Ayyappa devotees.
`The At Home` in connection with the Repulic Day celebrations is cancelled`, an official release from Raj Bhavan said here today.
The accident happened when the devotees were returning home after `Makara Jyothi` darshan at Sabarimala Ayyappa Temple on January 14 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra