Kerala govt again writes to HC for services of sitting judge
Thiruvananthapuram; The Kerala government has once again sought the services of a sitting High Court judge to probe the solar scam which has been used by the CPI-M led LDF opposition to attack the ruling UDF for the past three months.
The government, in a letter to the Court Registrar, sought the service of a sitting judge holding that the case was very important, official sources said here today.
The renewed request came in the wake of the court informing the government last week it cannot spare a sitting judge.
Congress-led UDF government, which is under pressure from LDF over the scam that brought the CM`s office under a cloud, had announced a judicial probe at the height of the Opposition campaign pressing for the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on the issue.
As part of its agitation demanding Chandy`s resignation, LDF workers had laid a siege to the secretariat here last month, but it was called off after the probe was announced.
The tug of war between UDF and LDF is over the issue of inclusion of CM`s office in the ambit of the probe.
The scam relates to cheating people of huge sums by the arrested accused Biju Radhakrishnan and Saritha Nair by offering solar energy solutions. A Special Investigation Team probing the case has completed its probe.
The case assumed a serious political dimension with the arrest of Tenny Joppan, a Personal Assistant in the Chief Minister`s office, for his alleged links with the accused.
Former director of Public Relations Department, A Firoz, and teleactress and danseuse Shalu Menon were also arrested in a related case. Shalu and Joppan are out on bail.
The LDF has been alleging that such a huge scam would not have taken place without the collusion of the Chief Minister.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing