Kerala govt again writes to HC for services of sitting judge
Thiruvananthapuram; The Kerala government has once again sought the services of a sitting High Court judge to probe the solar scam which has been used by the CPI-M led LDF opposition to attack the ruling UDF for the past three months.
The government, in a letter to the Court Registrar, sought the service of a sitting judge holding that the case was very important, official sources said here today.
The renewed request came in the wake of the court informing the government last week it cannot spare a sitting judge.
Congress-led UDF government, which is under pressure from LDF over the scam that brought the CM`s office under a cloud, had announced a judicial probe at the height of the Opposition campaign pressing for the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on the issue.
As part of its agitation demanding Chandy`s resignation, LDF workers had laid a siege to the secretariat here last month, but it was called off after the probe was announced.
The tug of war between UDF and LDF is over the issue of inclusion of CM`s office in the ambit of the probe.
The scam relates to cheating people of huge sums by the arrested accused Biju Radhakrishnan and Saritha Nair by offering solar energy solutions. A Special Investigation Team probing the case has completed its probe.
The case assumed a serious political dimension with the arrest of Tenny Joppan, a Personal Assistant in the Chief Minister`s office, for his alleged links with the accused.
Former director of Public Relations Department, A Firoz, and teleactress and danseuse Shalu Menon were also arrested in a related case. Shalu and Joppan are out on bail.
The LDF has been alleging that such a huge scam would not have taken place without the collusion of the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch