Kerala govt again writes to HC for services of sitting judge
Thiruvananthapuram; The Kerala government has once again sought the services of a sitting High Court judge to probe the solar scam which has been used by the CPI-M led LDF opposition to attack the ruling UDF for the past three months.
The government, in a letter to the Court Registrar, sought the service of a sitting judge holding that the case was very important, official sources said here today.
The renewed request came in the wake of the court informing the government last week it cannot spare a sitting judge.
Congress-led UDF government, which is under pressure from LDF over the scam that brought the CM`s office under a cloud, had announced a judicial probe at the height of the Opposition campaign pressing for the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on the issue.
As part of its agitation demanding Chandy`s resignation, LDF workers had laid a siege to the secretariat here last month, but it was called off after the probe was announced.
The tug of war between UDF and LDF is over the issue of inclusion of CM`s office in the ambit of the probe.
The scam relates to cheating people of huge sums by the arrested accused Biju Radhakrishnan and Saritha Nair by offering solar energy solutions. A Special Investigation Team probing the case has completed its probe.
The case assumed a serious political dimension with the arrest of Tenny Joppan, a Personal Assistant in the Chief Minister`s office, for his alleged links with the accused.
Former director of Public Relations Department, A Firoz, and teleactress and danseuse Shalu Menon were also arrested in a related case. Shalu and Joppan are out on bail.
The LDF has been alleging that such a huge scam would not have taken place without the collusion of the Chief Minister.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?