Kerala Govt intervention sought for securing bail to Madani
Kozhikode: Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party on Monday sought the state Government`s intervention in securing bail for its leader Abdul Nasser Madani, arrested in 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blast case and hospitalised now in view of his health condition.
Madani, undergoing treatment at the multi-speciality Manipal Hospital in Bangalore, was suffering from various ailments and the medical bulletins of doctors said his health condition was in "a bad shape", PDP vice-chairman Subai Sabahi told reporters here.
After the Karnataka High Court in November last year permitted him to avail treatment in a hospital of his choice with police escort, Madani was recently admitted to Soukhya Hospital in Bangalore. He was shifted to Manipal Hospital on January 19 after he complained of giddiness.
Sabahi alleged that Madani faced harassment from police at Manipal Hospitals when he was shifted there. Emergency medicines which had to be administered to Madani were delayed by the police, he charged and claimed his family members were held up for hours with no access to food.
A convention would be held here on January 25 to chalk out further action, he said.
Madani, lodged in the Central Prison at Bangalore since his arrest in August, 2010, was admitted to Soukhya Hospital on January 07 for treatment of diabetes and related eye complication.
The Karnataka High Court had rejected the bail plea of Madani, among 31 persons charge sheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 bomb blasts that killed one person and injured 20 others in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`