Kerala Govt intervention sought for securing bail to Madani
Kozhikode: Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party on Monday sought the state Government`s intervention in securing bail for its leader Abdul Nasser Madani, arrested in 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blast case and hospitalised now in view of his health condition.
Madani, undergoing treatment at the multi-speciality Manipal Hospital in Bangalore, was suffering from various ailments and the medical bulletins of doctors said his health condition was in "a bad shape", PDP vice-chairman Subai Sabahi told reporters here.
After the Karnataka High Court in November last year permitted him to avail treatment in a hospital of his choice with police escort, Madani was recently admitted to Soukhya Hospital in Bangalore. He was shifted to Manipal Hospital on January 19 after he complained of giddiness.
Sabahi alleged that Madani faced harassment from police at Manipal Hospitals when he was shifted there. Emergency medicines which had to be administered to Madani were delayed by the police, he charged and claimed his family members were held up for hours with no access to food.
A convention would be held here on January 25 to chalk out further action, he said.
Madani, lodged in the Central Prison at Bangalore since his arrest in August, 2010, was admitted to Soukhya Hospital on January 07 for treatment of diabetes and related eye complication.
The Karnataka High Court had rejected the bail plea of Madani, among 31 persons charge sheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 bomb blasts that killed one person and injured 20 others in Bangalore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed