Kerala Govt intervention sought for securing bail to Madani
Kozhikode: Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party on Monday sought the state Government`s intervention in securing bail for its leader Abdul Nasser Madani, arrested in 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blast case and hospitalised now in view of his health condition.
Madani, undergoing treatment at the multi-speciality Manipal Hospital in Bangalore, was suffering from various ailments and the medical bulletins of doctors said his health condition was in "a bad shape", PDP vice-chairman Subai Sabahi told reporters here.
After the Karnataka High Court in November last year permitted him to avail treatment in a hospital of his choice with police escort, Madani was recently admitted to Soukhya Hospital in Bangalore. He was shifted to Manipal Hospital on January 19 after he complained of giddiness.
Sabahi alleged that Madani faced harassment from police at Manipal Hospitals when he was shifted there. Emergency medicines which had to be administered to Madani were delayed by the police, he charged and claimed his family members were held up for hours with no access to food.
A convention would be held here on January 25 to chalk out further action, he said.
Madani, lodged in the Central Prison at Bangalore since his arrest in August, 2010, was admitted to Soukhya Hospital on January 07 for treatment of diabetes and related eye complication.
The Karnataka High Court had rejected the bail plea of Madani, among 31 persons charge sheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 bomb blasts that killed one person and injured 20 others in Bangalore.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal