Kerala govt prohibits slaughter of pregnant cows
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress-led UDF government in Kerala Wednesday decided to ban the slaughter of pregnant cows.
A notification would be issued and if necessary amendments would be made to the concerned laws, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
The decision was taken because of a common view that the slaughter of such cows was a cruel act, Chandy said, adding that the ban would also apply to goats and other cattle.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof