Kerala govt prohibits slaughter of pregnant cows
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress-led UDF government in Kerala Wednesday decided to ban the slaughter of pregnant cows.
A notification would be issued and if necessary amendments would be made to the concerned laws, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
The decision was taken because of a common view that the slaughter of such cows was a cruel act, Chandy said, adding that the ban would also apply to goats and other cattle.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials