Kerala govt raises retirement age to 56
Thiruvananthapuram: The Congress-led UDF
Government in Kerala today raised the retirement age of state
government employees to 56 years from the existing 55.
Finance Minister K M Mani made the announcement in this
regard while presenting the state Budget for the current
The announcement, however, sparked protests from
opposition LDF members who alleged that the proposal had
already appeared in a section of the press, amounting to
leak of budget secrets.
Members kept on raising slogans by sitting in the well of
the House despite Speaker G Karthikeyan`s assurance that the
issue raised by them will be examined in the light of similar
precedents in the state assembly and Parliament.
The opposition members started protesting as soon as the
Finance Minister read out the proposal regarding retirement
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing