Kerala govt raises retirement age to 56
Thiruvananthapuram: The Congress-led UDF
Government in Kerala today raised the retirement age of state
government employees to 56 years from the existing 55.
Finance Minister K M Mani made the announcement in this
regard while presenting the state Budget for the current
The announcement, however, sparked protests from
opposition LDF members who alleged that the proposal had
already appeared in a section of the press, amounting to
leak of budget secrets.
Members kept on raising slogans by sitting in the well of
the House despite Speaker G Karthikeyan`s assurance that the
issue raised by them will be examined in the light of similar
precedents in the state assembly and Parliament.
The opposition members started protesting as soon as the
Finance Minister read out the proposal regarding retirement
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know