`Kerala govt to decide Sreedharan`s role in Kochi Metro`
New Delhi: `Metro Man` E Sreedharan`s role in Kochi Metro Rail Corporation will be decided by the Kerala government, Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath on Saturday said, seeking to put an end to a controversy on the role to be played by the technocrat.
"(The) Kerala government will decide that," Nath told reporters here when asked whether Sreedharan, who stepped down as Delhi Metro chief last year, would head the ambitious project to put the Kerala city on the Metro map.
He also made it clear that the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation would provide all assistance to the Kochi Metro and fully support the project.
While Kerala government wants Sreedharan to head the Kochi Metro, speculation was rife sometime ago that the Urban Development Ministry is opposed to it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate