Kerala Govt to take over Co-operative medical college
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Government on Wednesday decided to take over the state`s first Co-operative Medical College at Pariyaram in Kannur district, run by a CPI(M)-controlled administrative body.
The state cabinet gave its approval to the proposal submitted by the District Collector recommending the government take over, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters.
However, there is a case pending in a local court seeking a direction to maintain status quo of the
institution. The government would move the court seeking approval for the cabinet decision.
Pariyaram Medical College in north Kerala was set up in the 1990s under the initiative of CMP leader and the then Co-operation Minister MV Raghavan.
Initially, the administration of the institution was controlled by the CMP but later slipped into the hands of other parties including the CPI(M).
The area had often witnessed political tension over elections to the administrative body of the institution and also allegations of irregularities in appointments.
The CMP, a constituent of the ruling UDF, was opposed to the government take over of the medical college.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore
- US flight from New Orleans to Orlando makes emergency landing after engine fails
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why