Kerala Haj pilgrims leave for Saudi Arabia
Malappuram: The first batch of Haj pilgrims left for Saudi Arabia from here on Saturday.
The 300 pilgrims were seen off by Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed from the airport here.
The state Haj Committee had selected 8,229 pilgrims from 49,403 applicants this season. The committee has also provided an ATM and a SIM card to each pilgrim.
The pilgrims would travel by Saudi Airlines, which will operate 32 flight services till October 20.
The pilgrims will return on November 16.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation