Kerala HC asks govt to check putting up billboards on trees
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday directed the government and public authorities not to permit installation of billboards on trees.
The bench, comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice A M Shafiq, issued the direction after treating a letter by students of St. Augustine Girls Higher Secondary School, Muvattupuzha as a Public Interest Litigation.
Trees are not supposed to hold any advertisement, the bench observed and further directed the government to issue clear instructions to local bodies and other public authorities to prevent it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love