Kerala HC comes down on political parties
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Wednesday came down on political parties for not taking effective steps to protect the interest of the landless.
Justice S Sirijagan said, "When political parties do not do what they have to do for giving justice to people, by initiating amendment to legislation which are against the interest of people, when they were in a position to do the same and start agitations against the government when they are out of power amounts to hypocrisy and double talk."
"The same amounts to mocking the intelligence of people of the state", the judge said.
Though the judge did not mention any political party, he was apparently referring to the recent land rights campaign by CPI(M) asking the Congress led UDF government to take immediate steps to takeover excess land and distribute to landless in the state.
Likewise if the government in power does not take action to repeal a law which promotes violation of law, that also could amount to `mockery` of law abiding citizens of the state, the judge observed.
The observations were made while interpreting sect 7 (3) of Kerala Land Reforms Act on a petition filed by K Sreedharan seeking benefit of the amended provision.
The court said the provision will help those persons who violated law by holding on excess land despite ceiling provisions.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10
- Kremlin dismisses US Democratic email hack claims as `absurd`