Kerala: HC grants bail to CPI(M) leader Jayarajan
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday granted bail to CPI(M) Kannur district secretary P Jayarajan, arrested in connection with the politically sensitive murder of IUML activist Abdul Shukkoor in February.
Justice Babu P Mathew Joseph granted the bail and directed Jayarajan to furnish a bond of Rs 25,000 and two sureties for the like amount.
The court turned down the prosecution plea to restrain Jayarajan, arrested on August 1, from entering Kannur. The charge sheet in the case was filed in a lower court in Kannur on August 23 listing 33 accused, all of whom are either CPI(M) workers or supporters.
While Jayarajan and MLA T V Rajesh have been charged under section 118 of the IPC for not trying to prevent the murder even after getting information on the conspiracy.
Shukkoor was murdered on February 20 at Keezharara in Kannur.
This is the second bail plea of Jayarajan as his earlier application was dismissed by Justice SS Sateeshchandran on August 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India