Kerala: HC grants bail to CPI(M) leader Jayarajan
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday granted bail to CPI(M) Kannur district secretary P Jayarajan, arrested in connection with the politically sensitive murder of IUML activist Abdul Shukkoor in February.
Justice Babu P Mathew Joseph granted the bail and directed Jayarajan to furnish a bond of Rs 25,000 and two sureties for the like amount.
The court turned down the prosecution plea to restrain Jayarajan, arrested on August 1, from entering Kannur. The charge sheet in the case was filed in a lower court in Kannur on August 23 listing 33 accused, all of whom are either CPI(M) workers or supporters.
While Jayarajan and MLA T V Rajesh have been charged under section 118 of the IPC for not trying to prevent the murder even after getting information on the conspiracy.
Shukkoor was murdered on February 20 at Keezharara in Kannur.
This is the second bail plea of Jayarajan as his earlier application was dismissed by Justice SS Sateeshchandran on August 13.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days