Kerala: HC grants bail to CPI(M) leader Jayarajan
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday granted bail to CPI(M) Kannur district secretary P Jayarajan, arrested in connection with the politically sensitive murder of IUML activist Abdul Shukkoor in February.
Justice Babu P Mathew Joseph granted the bail and directed Jayarajan to furnish a bond of Rs 25,000 and two sureties for the like amount.
The court turned down the prosecution plea to restrain Jayarajan, arrested on August 1, from entering Kannur. The charge sheet in the case was filed in a lower court in Kannur on August 23 listing 33 accused, all of whom are either CPI(M) workers or supporters.
While Jayarajan and MLA T V Rajesh have been charged under section 118 of the IPC for not trying to prevent the murder even after getting information on the conspiracy.
Shukkoor was murdered on February 20 at Keezharara in Kannur.
This is the second bail plea of Jayarajan as his earlier application was dismissed by Justice SS Sateeshchandran on August 13.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview