Kerala HC imposes restrictions on use of plastic in Sabarimala
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Wednesday imposed
restrictions in the use of plastic during Sabarimala festival
season and directed authorities to ensure that donkeys are not
transported to the hill shrine violating various rules.
A division bench comprising justice Thothathil B
Radhakrishanan and Justice P Bhavadasan directed the
authorities to ensure that restrictions for the use of plastic
are enforced effecively at Sabarimala, Pamba, Nilackka,
Erumeli, Chalakayyam and other pilgrim centres connected to
the hill shrine.
By another order, the same bench directed the police
authorities to ensure that no donkeys are transported from
tamil nadu and other states to these places, violating
prevention of cruelty to animals and traffic of Animal rules.
The court clarified that no donkeys be used except with
certificate of District Animal Husbandry officer.
No vehicles carrying donkeys should be permitted without
proper certification of the concerned authorities. At entry
points also certification are needed.
The bench also directed police and devaswom authorities to
levy charge from contractors for feeding donkeys.
Donkeys are used to transport goods, grocery and all other
articles from Pamba to Sabarimala. Trackters are permitted
only after the commencement of the pilgrim season as
Sabarimala falls within the core area of Periyar Tiger Reserve
which is a restricted area.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray