Kerala HC imposes restrictions on use of plastic in Sabarimala
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Wednesday imposed
restrictions in the use of plastic during Sabarimala festival
season and directed authorities to ensure that donkeys are not
transported to the hill shrine violating various rules.
A division bench comprising justice Thothathil B
Radhakrishanan and Justice P Bhavadasan directed the
authorities to ensure that restrictions for the use of plastic
are enforced effecively at Sabarimala, Pamba, Nilackka,
Erumeli, Chalakayyam and other pilgrim centres connected to
the hill shrine.
By another order, the same bench directed the police
authorities to ensure that no donkeys are transported from
tamil nadu and other states to these places, violating
prevention of cruelty to animals and traffic of Animal rules.
The court clarified that no donkeys be used except with
certificate of District Animal Husbandry officer.
No vehicles carrying donkeys should be permitted without
proper certification of the concerned authorities. At entry
points also certification are needed.
The bench also directed police and devaswom authorities to
levy charge from contractors for feeding donkeys.
Donkeys are used to transport goods, grocery and all other
articles from Pamba to Sabarimala. Trackters are permitted
only after the commencement of the pilgrim season as
Sabarimala falls within the core area of Periyar Tiger Reserve
which is a restricted area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis