Kerala HC planning exclusive bench for crime against women
Kochi: In the backdrop of Delhi gang-rape incident, Kerala High Court was planning to set up a single and division bench to exclusively hear crimes against women, Chief Justice Manjula Chellur said on Sunday.
"In the high court a new bench-- single and division bench can be thought of to deal with crime against women", she said at a function where Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir inaugurated an Additional District and Sessions Court for trial of cases relating to sexual violence and atrocities against women and children.
She said Kerala Government had promised to sanction two more similar courts -- in Malabar and in Thiruvananthapuram so that the entire state would be covered.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had also sanctioned additional staff required for the special court, she said.
"We will identify which courts do not have much work and we will see if such courts can be converted into special court to deal with such cases in a fast track manner", she said.
When the entire country was talking of fast track courts, Kerala should show the way, she said, adding, it would not be long to achieve that dream and vision.
There were also plans to constitute a committee of senior judges and lawyers to monitor the activities of child welfare committees and boards, she added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read