Kerala HC planning exclusive bench for crime against women
Kochi: In the backdrop of Delhi gang-rape incident, Kerala High Court was planning to set up a single and division bench to exclusively hear crimes against women, Chief Justice Manjula Chellur said on Sunday.
"In the high court a new bench-- single and division bench can be thought of to deal with crime against women", she said at a function where Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir inaugurated an Additional District and Sessions Court for trial of cases relating to sexual violence and atrocities against women and children.
She said Kerala Government had promised to sanction two more similar courts -- in Malabar and in Thiruvananthapuram so that the entire state would be covered.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had also sanctioned additional staff required for the special court, she said.
"We will identify which courts do not have much work and we will see if such courts can be converted into special court to deal with such cases in a fast track manner", she said.
When the entire country was talking of fast track courts, Kerala should show the way, she said, adding, it would not be long to achieve that dream and vision.
There were also plans to constitute a committee of senior judges and lawyers to monitor the activities of child welfare committees and boards, she added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly