Kerala HC stays nomination of 7 HoDs to varsity senate
Kochi: The High Court today stayed the
nomination of seven heads of departments of Kerala University
to the varsity`s senate made by governor R S Gavai.
The order was issued by Justice C T Ravikumar on a
petition by Dr Tresa Radhakrishnan, head of department of
Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, University of Kerala,
challenging the nomination made by the governor in his
capacity as the University Chancellor.
The petitioner contended that as per the university Act,
nomination of HoDs to the senate was done on the basis of
seniority and by way of rotation.
However, the present nominations were made without
considering seniority, he submitted.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi