Kerala HC stays nomination of 7 HoDs to varsity senate
Kochi: The High Court today stayed the
nomination of seven heads of departments of Kerala University
to the varsity`s senate made by governor R S Gavai.
The order was issued by Justice C T Ravikumar on a
petition by Dr Tresa Radhakrishnan, head of department of
Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, University of Kerala,
challenging the nomination made by the governor in his
capacity as the University Chancellor.
The petitioner contended that as per the university Act,
nomination of HoDs to the senate was done on the basis of
seniority and by way of rotation.
However, the present nominations were made without
considering seniority, he submitted.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion