Kerala HC upholds suspension of Information Commissioner
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Friday upheld the suspension of State Information Commissioner K Natarajan for allegedly intervening in a land-gift case involving CPI(M) veteran and former Chief Minister VS Achutanandan.
Justice P R Ramachandra Menon refused to interfere in execution of the government order.
Natarajan had contended that his suspension was "illegal" and "politically motivated."
The government had suspended Natarajan in November last year following a police probe which came across evidence to corroborate the charge that the commissioner had urged a police official investigating the land gift case to spare Achutanandan.
The case related to alleged irregularities in assigning land to one of the relatives of Achuthanandan when he was the Chief Minister.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof