Kerala, Himachal to cooperate in rural development
Kozhikode: Kerala and Himachal Pradesh on Saturday announced they will strengthen implementation of their rural development projects by sharing information about feasible models and best practices.
Ministers and senior government officials from the two Congress-ruled states met here to discuss ongoing projects and ways to enhance cooperation.
Kerala`s Panchayats and Social Welfare Minister M.K.Muneer gave details about local self governance in the state, community farming and the Kudumbashree programme to visiting Himachal Pradesh Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Anil Sharma and his team of officials.
A larger ministerial team from Himachal will soon be in Kerala to study the progress made in the state in the area of social security.
Likewise, a delegation from Kerala will visit the northern Indian state to assess development projects for tribal communities there and to see if the models can be replicated here.
The delegation from Himachal had been in Kerala for the past one week.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire