Kerala, Himachal to cooperate in rural development
Kozhikode: Kerala and Himachal Pradesh on Saturday announced they will strengthen implementation of their rural development projects by sharing information about feasible models and best practices.
Ministers and senior government officials from the two Congress-ruled states met here to discuss ongoing projects and ways to enhance cooperation.
Kerala`s Panchayats and Social Welfare Minister M.K.Muneer gave details about local self governance in the state, community farming and the Kudumbashree programme to visiting Himachal Pradesh Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Anil Sharma and his team of officials.
A larger ministerial team from Himachal will soon be in Kerala to study the progress made in the state in the area of social security.
Likewise, a delegation from Kerala will visit the northern Indian state to assess development projects for tribal communities there and to see if the models can be replicated here.
The delegation from Himachal had been in Kerala for the past one week.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Germany expects up to 300,000 migrants this year
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved