Kerala, Himachal to cooperate in rural development
Kozhikode: Kerala and Himachal Pradesh on Saturday announced they will strengthen implementation of their rural development projects by sharing information about feasible models and best practices.
Ministers and senior government officials from the two Congress-ruled states met here to discuss ongoing projects and ways to enhance cooperation.
Kerala`s Panchayats and Social Welfare Minister M.K.Muneer gave details about local self governance in the state, community farming and the Kudumbashree programme to visiting Himachal Pradesh Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Anil Sharma and his team of officials.
A larger ministerial team from Himachal will soon be in Kerala to study the progress made in the state in the area of social security.
Likewise, a delegation from Kerala will visit the northern Indian state to assess development projects for tribal communities there and to see if the models can be replicated here.
The delegation from Himachal had been in Kerala for the past one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui