Kerala House adjourned
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led LDF opposition continued their protest in the Kerala Assembly for the third day on Thursday demanding arrest of IUML MLA PK Basheer, named as an accused in a FIR in connection with a double murder case, leading to adjournment of the House ahead of schedule.
Speaker G Karthikeyan suspended the question hour as the opposition raised slogans and displayed banner in the House demanding the arrest of Basheer.
When the House re-assembled during zero hour, the Speaker sought the co-operation of opposition members for the smooth conduct of proceedings but LDF members continued their protest with some of them sitting in the well of the House.
The Speaker then suspended the zero hour and took up other business slated for the day.
Amid protest, the House passed four bills, including the Kerala State Housing Board (Amendment) Bill-2012 and the Kerala government Land Assignment (Amendment) Bill-2012.
Taking a dig at the LDF Opposition for creating disturbance in the House, Karthikeyan said Kerala Assembly has created history by passing four bills in 15 minutes and announced the adjournment of the house for the day.
Opposition was demanding the arrest of Basheer, MLA from Ernad assembly segment in Malappuram district for his alleged role in the murder of two brothers on Sunday.
The government had stated that it was of the view that a person could not be arrested just because of his/her name figured in the FIR filed by police in a case.
Opposition alleged that the government was protecting the MLA of IUML, second largest partner of ruling UDF, while UDF termed the opposition protest as a `drama` to divert the attention of public from the "embarrassment and image loss" caused to CPI-M over the killing of Revolutionary Marxist Leader leader TP Chandrasekheran last month.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials