Kerala House adjourned
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led LDF opposition continued their protest in the Kerala Assembly for the third day on Thursday demanding arrest of IUML MLA PK Basheer, named as an accused in a FIR in connection with a double murder case, leading to adjournment of the House ahead of schedule.
Speaker G Karthikeyan suspended the question hour as the opposition raised slogans and displayed banner in the House demanding the arrest of Basheer.
When the House re-assembled during zero hour, the Speaker sought the co-operation of opposition members for the smooth conduct of proceedings but LDF members continued their protest with some of them sitting in the well of the House.
The Speaker then suspended the zero hour and took up other business slated for the day.
Amid protest, the House passed four bills, including the Kerala State Housing Board (Amendment) Bill-2012 and the Kerala government Land Assignment (Amendment) Bill-2012.
Taking a dig at the LDF Opposition for creating disturbance in the House, Karthikeyan said Kerala Assembly has created history by passing four bills in 15 minutes and announced the adjournment of the house for the day.
Opposition was demanding the arrest of Basheer, MLA from Ernad assembly segment in Malappuram district for his alleged role in the murder of two brothers on Sunday.
The government had stated that it was of the view that a person could not be arrested just because of his/her name figured in the FIR filed by police in a case.
Opposition alleged that the government was protecting the MLA of IUML, second largest partner of ruling UDF, while UDF termed the opposition protest as a `drama` to divert the attention of public from the "embarrassment and image loss" caused to CPI-M over the killing of Revolutionary Marxist Leader leader TP Chandrasekheran last month.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured