Kerala House adjourned
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led LDF opposition continued their protest in the Kerala Assembly for the third day on Thursday demanding arrest of IUML MLA PK Basheer, named as an accused in a FIR in connection with a double murder case, leading to adjournment of the House ahead of schedule.
Speaker G Karthikeyan suspended the question hour as the opposition raised slogans and displayed banner in the House demanding the arrest of Basheer.
When the House re-assembled during zero hour, the Speaker sought the co-operation of opposition members for the smooth conduct of proceedings but LDF members continued their protest with some of them sitting in the well of the House.
The Speaker then suspended the zero hour and took up other business slated for the day.
Amid protest, the House passed four bills, including the Kerala State Housing Board (Amendment) Bill-2012 and the Kerala government Land Assignment (Amendment) Bill-2012.
Taking a dig at the LDF Opposition for creating disturbance in the House, Karthikeyan said Kerala Assembly has created history by passing four bills in 15 minutes and announced the adjournment of the house for the day.
Opposition was demanding the arrest of Basheer, MLA from Ernad assembly segment in Malappuram district for his alleged role in the murder of two brothers on Sunday.
The government had stated that it was of the view that a person could not be arrested just because of his/her name figured in the FIR filed by police in a case.
Opposition alleged that the government was protecting the MLA of IUML, second largest partner of ruling UDF, while UDF termed the opposition protest as a `drama` to divert the attention of public from the "embarrassment and image loss" caused to CPI-M over the killing of Revolutionary Marxist Leader leader TP Chandrasekheran last month.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble