Kerala IPS officer S Sreejith suspended over Rauf
Thiruvananthapuram: Joint Director of Police Academy, DIG S Sreejith, has been suspended from service for his alleged connection with controversial businessman K S Rauf, estranged relative of Kerala Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty, official sources said today.
Director General of Police K S Balasubramanian had recommended suspension of Sreejith based on a inquiry conducted by Thrissur Range IG S Gopinath, sources at the Chief Minister`s office said.
The charge against Sreejith was that he tried to frame Malappuram DYSP, who took a case against Rauf, in a bribery case and also helped Rauf take over a property owned by a Malayalee at Kudagu in Karnataka, they said.
After falling out with Kunhalikutty, Rauf had made certain fresh allegations in the `ice cream parlour sex scandal` in January last year. He had alleged that Kunhalikutty had asked several key witnesses in the case to turn hostile and had offered them pecuniary benefits.
The scandal pertains to allegations that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode district was used as a cover for running a sex racket in the late 1990s. Though Kunhalikutty never became an accused in the case, he had come under a cloud in the wake of the scandal and even had to quit the ministry then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter