Kerala: Italian Marines case posted to June 18
Kollam: A local court on Saturday posted to June 18 trial of the `Enrica Lexie` case in which two Italian marines have been charged with shooting dead two Indian fishermen off the Kerala coast on February 15.
The marines Latore Massimilliano and Salvatore Girone were produced in the district and Sessions Court today when the case came up before Sessions Judge PD Rajan.
The court directed the state government to provide a list of interpreters before the next sitting to translate court proceedings into Italian for the benefit of the accused.
It also asked the prosecution to provide copies of the charge sheet to the two marines, as sought by them.
The First Class Magistrate Court here, where the case was initially considered, had a few days ago issued a committal warrant for transferring the case to the Sessions Court for trial.
The marines, engaged for security of the Italian vessel, were arrested on February 19 for opening fire and killing fishermen Jalestine and Ajesh Binki, who had ventured into the sea from nearby Neendakara in a fishing boat with nine others.
The marines have been under custody since then, mostly in the Central Prison at Thiruvananthapuram before being moved to Borstal School at Kochi a few days ago.
The Kerala High Court had on May 30 granted them bail with stringent conditions, but they were yet to come out of detention after fulfilling the conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened