Kerala leading India in Aadhaar enrolment: Official
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala, which leads the country in numerous social indices, is also on top as far as the Aadhaar enrolment is concerned, said an official Monday.
Korath V.Mathew, senior state projects coordinator, said that of the state`s 3.3 crore population, more than 3.1 crore have been enrolled.
"This is the highest enrolment by any state in the country. We are confident that in the coming months, Kerala would become the first state with a 100 percent enrolment," he said.
Mathew said that in Andhra Pradesh, seven crore of the total nine crore population have been enrolled.
Another feature in Kerala has been that Akshaya (the state sponsored IT initiative) has taken up the responsibility to do Aadhaar enrolment of bedridden people.
Mobile Aadhaar enrolment stations are moving all around the districts to cover these people.
"Till June, 2,425 bedridden and disabled people were enrolled, while this month, another 139 people were also enrolled and the project is going on," said Akshaya director Bala Kiran.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan