Kerala leading India in Aadhaar enrolment: Official
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala, which leads the country in numerous social indices, is also on top as far as the Aadhaar enrolment is concerned, said an official Monday.
Korath V.Mathew, senior state projects coordinator, said that of the state`s 3.3 crore population, more than 3.1 crore have been enrolled.
"This is the highest enrolment by any state in the country. We are confident that in the coming months, Kerala would become the first state with a 100 percent enrolment," he said.
Mathew said that in Andhra Pradesh, seven crore of the total nine crore population have been enrolled.
Another feature in Kerala has been that Akshaya (the state sponsored IT initiative) has taken up the responsibility to do Aadhaar enrolment of bedridden people.
Mobile Aadhaar enrolment stations are moving all around the districts to cover these people.
"Till June, 2,425 bedridden and disabled people were enrolled, while this month, another 139 people were also enrolled and the project is going on," said Akshaya director Bala Kiran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price