Kerala lifts ban on poultry products from TN
Salem: Kerala government has lifted ban on entry of poultry and poultry products from Tamil Nadu following talks with egg exporters, a senior Nammakal-based egg exporter said on Monday.
Senthil Kumar, General Secretary of Namakkal-based Animal Husbandry and Farm Products and Mohan Kumaramangalam, President, told reporters that the neighbouring state`s decision came following the exporters` talks with officials at Thiruvanthapuram.
"Kerala has lifted the ban and vehicles transporting poultry and poultry products will enter that state tomorrow," they said.
They said due to the ban, seven crore eggs were transported to northern states.
Kerala had banned entry of poultry and poultry products from Karnataka and Tamil Nadu as a precautionary measure after avian influenza claimed the lives of 3,600 turkeys in late October at the Central Poultry Farm in Hesarghatta near Bangalore.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead