Kerala medical labs cry foul over TV sting
Thiruvananthapuram: The media is being used as a tool by MNC giants who are entering the medical laboratories market, it was alleged on Tuesday following a sting operation by a TV channel in Kerala.
Some people of a TV channel mixed the blood of a dog and a hen and gave it to three small and medium laboratories under the guise of human blood for routine blood tests. The results showed positive for cholesterol and diabetes.
The TV channel questioned the efficiency of the laboratories.
"We strongly feel that the media is being used as a tool by giant multinational companies who are entering the medical laboratories market," said Sudeep Kumar, joint secretary of the Laboratory Owners Association pointed and out that this is unethical journalism.
"The giants...want to finish small and medium sized laboratories and it`s most unfortunate that the media is being used to tarnish us by engaging in sting operations like this," said Kumar.
B Mohanachandran, a senior veterinarian surgeon told IANS that "only through an antigen/antibody tests can the blood of human and animals can be differentiated and mind you animals also have cholesterol".
"Under normal circumstances it`s only in medico-legal cases that detailed tests are done on blood samples to establish if its human blood. In this case it`s not fair to blame the laboratories," said Mohanachandran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg