Kerala medical labs cry foul over TV sting
Thiruvananthapuram: The media is being used as a tool by MNC giants who are entering the medical laboratories market, it was alleged on Tuesday following a sting operation by a TV channel in Kerala.
Some people of a TV channel mixed the blood of a dog and a hen and gave it to three small and medium laboratories under the guise of human blood for routine blood tests. The results showed positive for cholesterol and diabetes.
The TV channel questioned the efficiency of the laboratories.
"We strongly feel that the media is being used as a tool by giant multinational companies who are entering the medical laboratories market," said Sudeep Kumar, joint secretary of the Laboratory Owners Association pointed and out that this is unethical journalism.
"The giants...want to finish small and medium sized laboratories and it`s most unfortunate that the media is being used to tarnish us by engaging in sting operations like this," said Kumar.
B Mohanachandran, a senior veterinarian surgeon told IANS that "only through an antigen/antibody tests can the blood of human and animals can be differentiated and mind you animals also have cholesterol".
"Under normal circumstances it`s only in medico-legal cases that detailed tests are done on blood samples to establish if its human blood. In this case it`s not fair to blame the laboratories," said Mohanachandran.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'