Kerala Minister grilled by police in sex scam case
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Industries Minister
P K Kunhalikutty has been been questioned by a police team
re-investigating the "ice cream parlour" sex scandal case in
connection with allegations made against him by a relative.
The team led by ADGP Vinson M Paul questioned the Minister
at his residence here on Thursday night, police sources said on Friday.
Kunhalikiutty, a senior Indian Union Muslim League (IUML)
leader, was learnt to have denied the allegations and told the
police that `unfounded` accusations were made against him with
the motive of destroying his political career.
The case, dating back to the late 1990s, pertains to
alleged use of an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode as a cover
for luring teenage girls for sexual abuse.
Though Kunhalikutty`s name had often figured in connection
with the case, he had never been made an accused and the court
had dismissed petitions seeking him to be arrayed in the case.
However, last year, one K A Rauf, a relative of
Kunhalikutty, openly alleged that he had helped the Minister
to wriggle out of the case through `undue means`.
The LDF Government, which was in power then, ordered a
fresh probe in the case in the light of the allegations
levelled by Rauf and a special investigation team was formed
The Kerala High Court had recently directed the police to
complete the investigations and file the report by later this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?