Kerala Minister lashes out at Jairam Ramesh
Kottayam: Kerala Rural Development Minister K C Joseph Monday lashed out at Union Minister Jairam Ramesh for his firm stand that the central funds for the state-level poverty eradication and women empowerment missions would be made available to "Kudumbashree" alone.
At a press meet here, Joseph took strong exception to Ramesh`s stand that it would be difficult for the Centre to provide funds for any agency other than Kudumbashree, which has a successful track record over the years and the state`s nodal agency for National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM).
Alleging that Ramesh did not heed the state`s views on the matter, Joseph said, "the state government is not a squatter before residences of the central ministers."
Ramesh had totally ignored the state`s views on the matter and this was not acceptable, Joseph, who also belongs to the Congress, said.
During his visit to the state capital last month, Ramesh, who holds Rural Development portfolio, had taken a firm stand that there was no question of the Centre permitting replacement of Kudumbasree Poverty Eradication Mission by any other agency.
His strong support to Kudumbashree has disappointed sections in the state Congress who have been complaining that Kudumbashree has been hijacked by the CPI(M).
They also wanted pro-Congress "Janasree Mission" to be considered for liberal central support.
The CPI(M) also spearheaded a campaign last month accusing the UDF Government of trying to wreck Kudumbashree by extending undue support and patronage to Janasree
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre