Kerala minister to visit Saudi Arabia, Kuwait to h
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Minister for Diaspora KC Joseph will visit Saudi Arabia and Kuwait this week to monitor arrangements for the smooth transfer of Keralites who have to leave these countries due to their new labour laws.
An official at the minister`s office told IANS that Joseph will be in Saudi Arabia June 7-8 and in Kuwait June 9. He will discuss with Indian embassy officials steps to be taken to send back Keralites who will be forced to return after the Saudi and Kuwaiti authorities decided to enact new labour laws.
"The official amnesty period ends this month in Saudi Arabia," the official said.
Last week, a dozen Keralites in Kuwait who did not have proper labour documents, were deported to India without the Indian embassy`s knowledge.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley