Kerala minister to visit Saudi Arabia, Kuwait to h
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Minister for Diaspora KC Joseph will visit Saudi Arabia and Kuwait this week to monitor arrangements for the smooth transfer of Keralites who have to leave these countries due to their new labour laws.
An official at the minister`s office told IANS that Joseph will be in Saudi Arabia June 7-8 and in Kuwait June 9. He will discuss with Indian embassy officials steps to be taken to send back Keralites who will be forced to return after the Saudi and Kuwaiti authorities decided to enact new labour laws.
"The official amnesty period ends this month in Saudi Arabia," the official said.
Last week, a dozen Keralites in Kuwait who did not have proper labour documents, were deported to India without the Indian embassy`s knowledge.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family