Kerala minister`s personal staff arrested on murder charges
Malappuaram: A personal staff of Kerala Power Minister Aryadan Muhammed was on Tuesday arrested along with his friend in connection with the murder of a middle-aged woman sweeper attached with the Congress office at Nilambur in the district.
The arrested were identified as VK Biju (38), personal staff of the Minister, and his friend Shamsuddin (29).
Biju was suspended from the service in the wake of the incident, an official in the Minister`s office said.
Body of the 49-year-old victim, who was said to be missing since February 5, was found in a pond at Chulliyot near here yesterday, police said.
Quoting the postmortem report, police said there was an attempt of rape before she was suffocated to death.
The relatives of the woman had earlier lodged a complaint with the police that she had not returned from her work place.
Biju told police that the woman had threatened him that she would disclose his alleged affair with a lady which prompted him to kill her.
Meanwhile, reacting to the incident, Aryadan Muhammed said he would not protect the culprits and they should be punished.
The minister also said he was ready for any probe to bring the truth behind the incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH