Kerala MPs demand restoration of AI flights to Gulf
New Delhi: Kerala MPs on Thursday demanded restoration of Air India flights from the state for the Gulf region.
"Air India flights for the Gulf have been suspended for the last three months from Kerala and this is causing a great inconvenience to passengers from the state," Congress MP
K Sudhakaran said outside Parliament.
Holding placards near the Gandhi statue, UDF MPs from Kerala staged a dharna in front of parliament complex to press their demand.
"We want justice for Kerala and demand that the discrimination against the state by Air India be stopped," he said and alleged that "by cancelling flights, the AI has
favoured private carriers."
Riyadh: The Interior Minister says Saudi Arabia is on alert for a possible al Qaeda attack next week during hajj, the annual Islamic pilgrimage that draws millions of worshippers to the holy cities of Mecca and Medina.
Prince Nayef did not mention any specific threat or intelligence on an attack. But when he was asked at a news conference about the possibility of an al Qaeda strike on hajj, he said: "We don`t rule out any possibility of something that disturbs the security" of the pilgrims.
The hajj begins on November 15 and lasts for several days.
Saudi Arabia gave the West key intelligence on two mail bombs recently intercepted after they were sent on planes from neighbouring Yemen. Al Qaeda in Yemen claimed responsibility.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire