Kerala MPs demand restoration of AI flights to Gulf
New Delhi: Kerala MPs on Thursday demanded restoration of Air India flights from the state for the Gulf region.
"Air India flights for the Gulf have been suspended for the last three months from Kerala and this is causing a great inconvenience to passengers from the state," Congress MP
K Sudhakaran said outside Parliament.
Holding placards near the Gandhi statue, UDF MPs from Kerala staged a dharna in front of parliament complex to press their demand.
"We want justice for Kerala and demand that the discrimination against the state by Air India be stopped," he said and alleged that "by cancelling flights, the AI has
favoured private carriers."
Riyadh: The Interior Minister says Saudi Arabia is on alert for a possible al Qaeda attack next week during hajj, the annual Islamic pilgrimage that draws millions of worshippers to the holy cities of Mecca and Medina.
Prince Nayef did not mention any specific threat or intelligence on an attack. But when he was asked at a news conference about the possibility of an al Qaeda strike on hajj, he said: "We don`t rule out any possibility of something that disturbs the security" of the pilgrims.
The hajj begins on November 15 and lasts for several days.
Saudi Arabia gave the West key intelligence on two mail bombs recently intercepted after they were sent on planes from neighbouring Yemen. Al Qaeda in Yemen claimed responsibility.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley