Kerala: NIA files FIR in lecturer`s hand-chopping case
Kochi: The National Investigation Agency,
probing the case relating to chopping off the right hand of a
lecturer allegedly by radical outfit Popular Front of India,
on Friday filed an FIR before the CBI special court here.
Lecturer TJ Joseph was attacked on July 4 last year by
suspected PFI activists for preparing a question paper which
allegedly had derogatory references to Prophet Mohammed.
Police, which first investigated the case, had in January
this year filed a charge sheet against 27 accused in the
attack. Of the total 54 accused in the case, the other 27
accused are presently absconding.
Cases had been registered against the accused under
various sections of the IPC including 120, 143, 148 (riot,
unlawful assembly, 120(B) (Criminal conspiracy) 323 (Hurt) and
307 (attempt to murder), Sect 3 of Explosive Substance Act and
various sections of unlawful activities (Prevention) Act.
The court had earlier ordered issue of a non-bailable
warrant against the 27 accused who are yet to be arrested.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested