Kerala nun`s murder: Kin blames mining mafia
Kochi: Kerala nun Valsa John, killed by unidentified assailants in Jharkhand, had told her family here that she faced death threats from mining mafia, one of
her brothers said on Wednesday.
52-year-old Valsa hailing from Vazhakala RPT Vazhakala at Kakkanad in Ernakulam District had told the family during her last visit in August about the death threats from the coal mining mafia against whom she had fought to protect the tribal community, her younger brother Baby told reporters here.
He said the family was shocked by the death Valsa had spoken to her elder sister here over phone last evening and discussed some problems faced by her.
Valsa, a member of the Sisters of Charity Jesus and Mary congregation since the last 24 years, was hacked to death by at Pachwara village in Pakur district last night.
Baby along with one of his sisters is leaving today for Jharkhand to attend her funeral which is expected to be held tomorrow, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest