Kerala: One more arrested in lecturer attack case
Aluva: One more activist of radical outfit Popular Front of India has been arrested in connection with the July 4 attack on a lecturer, whose hand was chopped off for allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has gone up to 14.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the attack, arrested 38-year-old K M Ali from Mulavoor near Muvattupuzha yesterday.
Ali was allegedly involved in the conspiracy to attack the lecturer, T J Joseph, police said. He had also taken part in the earlier attempts on the lecturer`s life, Superintendent
of Police P N Unnirajan said.
The SIT has taken preliminary steps to attach the properties of the absconding accused K K Ali and Nazar who were declared as proclaimed offenders by the Judicial First Class Magistrate court at Moovattupuzha.
Joseph was attacked by suspected PFI activists for preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory references to Prophet Mohammed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal