Kerala: One more arrested in lecturer attack case
Aluva: One more activist of radical outfit Popular Front of India has been arrested in connection with the July 4 attack on a lecturer, whose hand was chopped off for allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has gone up to 14.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the attack, arrested 38-year-old K M Ali from Mulavoor near Muvattupuzha yesterday.
Ali was allegedly involved in the conspiracy to attack the lecturer, T J Joseph, police said. He had also taken part in the earlier attempts on the lecturer`s life, Superintendent
of Police P N Unnirajan said.
The SIT has taken preliminary steps to attach the properties of the absconding accused K K Ali and Nazar who were declared as proclaimed offenders by the Judicial First Class Magistrate court at Moovattupuzha.
Joseph was attacked by suspected PFI activists for preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory references to Prophet Mohammed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth