Kerala: One more arrested in lecturer attack case
Aluva: One more activist of radical outfit Popular Front of India has been arrested in connection with the July 4 attack on a lecturer, whose hand was chopped off for allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has gone up to 14.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the attack, arrested 38-year-old K M Ali from Mulavoor near Muvattupuzha yesterday.
Ali was allegedly involved in the conspiracy to attack the lecturer, T J Joseph, police said. He had also taken part in the earlier attempts on the lecturer`s life, Superintendent
of Police P N Unnirajan said.
The SIT has taken preliminary steps to attach the properties of the absconding accused K K Ali and Nazar who were declared as proclaimed offenders by the Judicial First Class Magistrate court at Moovattupuzha.
Joseph was attacked by suspected PFI activists for preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory references to Prophet Mohammed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail