Kerala: One more arrested in lecturer attack case
Aluva: One more activist of radical outfit Popular Front of India has been arrested in connection with the July 4 attack on a lecturer, whose hand was chopped off for allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has gone up to 14.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the attack, arrested 38-year-old K M Ali from Mulavoor near Muvattupuzha yesterday.
Ali was allegedly involved in the conspiracy to attack the lecturer, T J Joseph, police said. He had also taken part in the earlier attempts on the lecturer`s life, Superintendent
of Police P N Unnirajan said.
The SIT has taken preliminary steps to attach the properties of the absconding accused K K Ali and Nazar who were declared as proclaimed offenders by the Judicial First Class Magistrate court at Moovattupuzha.
Joseph was attacked by suspected PFI activists for preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory references to Prophet Mohammed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam