Kerala Police lands in Alwar with Bitti, checks jail records
Alwar (Raj): A team of Kerala Police today arrived here with German woman rape case convict Bitti Mohanty and examined the records of Alwar jail to establish his identity.
"The team from Kunnur district of Kerala, along with the convict Mohanty, arrived here this evening by a train and went to the jail to examine the records related to the case," said Umesh Datta, Superintendent of Police Alwar.
Mohanty was arrested in Kerala last week, seven years after he jumped parole in the case.
From Alwar, the team will go to Jaipur, the SP said.
Bitti was arrested in Kunnur district in Kerala on March 8 on a complaint by the bank following an anonymous letter to the bank stating that the probationary officer working as Raghav Rajan was the convicted son of the former Odisha Director General of Police B B Mohanty.
He was arrested on charges of impersonation, forgery and cheating in Kunnur district.
Bitty had been hiding from the law ever since he jumped parole in 2006 from Alwar jail in Rajasthan.
He was convicted by a local court in Alwar for raping his German friend in 2006 and was released in November 2006 on a parole to meet his ailing mother at Cuttack, Odisha.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog