Kerala police ready for shifting of Muthoot case probe
Kochi: In a twist to the case relating to
the murder of Muthoot business group scion Paul George, Kerala
Police on Monday told the high court that the investigation could
be entrusted to another team or agency if there were doubts
about the probe by the Special Investigation Team (SIT).
Police made the submission in a statement before a
Division Bench hearing a petition seeking CBI probe filed by M
G George Muthoot, chairman of the Muthoot group and Paul`s
Paul was murdered last August.
A V George, SP, Special Branch, submitted the 13-page
statement before Chief Justice S R Bannurmath and Justice
Thothathil B Radhakrishnan.
However, during the hearing, Director General of
Prosecutions V G Govindan Nair, said the probe could not be
handed over to CBI without the state government`s consent.
The bench viewed in the open court for about 40
minutes the CD of the media briefing by IGP Vinson M Paul at
Alapzuha about the case.
The police also produced some photographs to show the
close acquaintance of the prime accused Omprakash with Paul.
Police in the statement pointed out that Paul had
allegedly been in the company of two Iranian girl students,
studying in Pune, from August 7 onwards. They had stayed
together and cruised in a houseboat in Alapuzha and Omprakash
was also along with them. This showed intimacy between
Omprakash and Paul, police said and produced some photographs
in support of their contention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened