Kerala police ready for shifting of Muthoot case probe
Kochi: In a twist to the case relating to
the murder of Muthoot business group scion Paul George, Kerala
Police on Monday told the high court that the investigation could
be entrusted to another team or agency if there were doubts
about the probe by the Special Investigation Team (SIT).
Police made the submission in a statement before a
Division Bench hearing a petition seeking CBI probe filed by M
G George Muthoot, chairman of the Muthoot group and Paul`s
Paul was murdered last August.
A V George, SP, Special Branch, submitted the 13-page
statement before Chief Justice S R Bannurmath and Justice
Thothathil B Radhakrishnan.
However, during the hearing, Director General of
Prosecutions V G Govindan Nair, said the probe could not be
handed over to CBI without the state government`s consent.
The bench viewed in the open court for about 40
minutes the CD of the media briefing by IGP Vinson M Paul at
Alapzuha about the case.
The police also produced some photographs to show the
close acquaintance of the prime accused Omprakash with Paul.
Police in the statement pointed out that Paul had
allegedly been in the company of two Iranian girl students,
studying in Pune, from August 7 onwards. They had stayed
together and cruised in a houseboat in Alapuzha and Omprakash
was also along with them. This showed intimacy between
Omprakash and Paul, police said and produced some photographs
in support of their contention.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video