Kerala police ready for shifting of Muthoot case probe
Kochi: In a twist to the case relating to
the murder of Muthoot business group scion Paul George, Kerala
Police on Monday told the high court that the investigation could
be entrusted to another team or agency if there were doubts
about the probe by the Special Investigation Team (SIT).
Police made the submission in a statement before a
Division Bench hearing a petition seeking CBI probe filed by M
G George Muthoot, chairman of the Muthoot group and Paul`s
Paul was murdered last August.
A V George, SP, Special Branch, submitted the 13-page
statement before Chief Justice S R Bannurmath and Justice
Thothathil B Radhakrishnan.
However, during the hearing, Director General of
Prosecutions V G Govindan Nair, said the probe could not be
handed over to CBI without the state government`s consent.
The bench viewed in the open court for about 40
minutes the CD of the media briefing by IGP Vinson M Paul at
Alapzuha about the case.
The police also produced some photographs to show the
close acquaintance of the prime accused Omprakash with Paul.
Police in the statement pointed out that Paul had
allegedly been in the company of two Iranian girl students,
studying in Pune, from August 7 onwards. They had stayed
together and cruised in a houseboat in Alapuzha and Omprakash
was also along with them. This showed intimacy between
Omprakash and Paul, police said and produced some photographs
in support of their contention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA