Kerala police returns after establishing Bitti`s identity
Jaipur: After completing the identification process of German woman rape case convict Bitti Mohanty, the team of Kerala police, which was in Rajasthan for past two days, has returned back.
"The team yesterday took the accused with them after carrying out their course of investigation here," police said.
Mohanty`s identity was yesterday established after Kerala Police matched his finger prints and examined records.
The police from Kunnur district had reached Alwar on Thursday.
Bitti was arrested in Kerala on March 8 on a complaint by a bank following an anonymous letter to the bank stating that the probationary officer working as Raghav Rajan was the convicted son of the former Odisha Director General of Police BB Mohanty.
He was arrested on charges of impersonation, forgery and cheating in Kunnur district.
Bitty had been hiding from the law ever since he jumped parole in 2006 from Alwar jail in Rajasthan.
He was convicted by a local court in Alwar for raping his German friend in 2006 and was released in November 2006 on parole from Jaipur to meet his ailing mother at Cuttack, Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in