Kerala police will render all help to arrest madani: Kodiyeri
Kochi: Kerala Home Minister, Kodiyeri
Balakrishnan, today said state police will render all help to
its Karnataka counterpart to arrest PDP leader Abdul Nasser
Madani, an accused in the Bangalore blast case, but where and
when the arrest would be made will be decided by the Karnataka
`When and where madani has to be arrested will be decided
by Karnataka police` Balakrishnan told reporters here.
Kerala government or police had not been informed about the
move of the karnataka police to arrest Madani, he said.
`This is a case which happened in Karnataka. We do not
have any details of the case except what has been reported in
the media. Kerala had been informed of the details only
yesteday`, the minister said. After getting information,
instructions has been issued to provide all help to Karnataka
police to arrest Madani, he said.
Kerala DGP Jacob Punnonse, said there was no confusion
between Karnataka and Kerala Police with regard to Madani`s
arrest. `We are in close touch with Karntaka police. Madani
will be arrested at the appropriate time`, Punnose told
reporters at nearby Aluva.
Karnataka Police has been camping in the state since the
last two days with speculation rife that the arrest was likely
to be delayed following security reasons.
Security has been tightened in the state with President
Pratibha Patil, arriving in Kerala today on a three day visit
and the Independence Day celebartions on Aug 15.
PDP has said that Madani was suffering from H1NI and this
had been brought to the notice of Chief minister, V S
Achutanandan, Home minister, Kodiyeri Balakrishnan and Health
Minister, P K Sreemathy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'