Kerala politician K Narayana Kurup dead
Kottayam: K Narayana Kurup, founding member of the Kerala Congress and a legislator for 25 years, passed away here on Wednesday following high fever, family sources said.
The 86-year-old was a five-time member of the Assembly from Vazhoor constituency in Kottayam district. He was thrice the state`s minister for transport and deputy speaker of the Assembly from 1991 to 1996.
He is survived by his wife K Leela Devi, four sons and three daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan
- Will set up transit accommodations for Kashmiri Pandits till they feel safe to return: Mehbooba Mufti
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media