Kerala politician K Narayana Kurup dead
Kottayam: K Narayana Kurup, founding member of the Kerala Congress and a legislator for 25 years, passed away here on Wednesday following high fever, family sources said.
The 86-year-old was a five-time member of the Assembly from Vazhoor constituency in Kottayam district. He was thrice the state`s minister for transport and deputy speaker of the Assembly from 1991 to 1996.
He is survived by his wife K Leela Devi, four sons and three daughters.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa