Kerala road accident: 13 killed in bus mishap in Malappuram
Malappuram: Thirteen persons, nine of them school children, were killed and 25 others injured when a mini bus in which they were travelling rammed a tree and plunged down the road at Chelakkad in Malappuram district on Friday.
The deceased also included four women, police said.
The speeding private mini bus hit the tree after which the driver lost control of the vehicle and it tumbled down about 25 feet down the road, sources said.
The condition of five of the injured is stated to critical, they said.
The injured have been admitted to Kozhikode medical college hospital and a private hospital.
Malappuram District Collector K Biju confirmed the 13 deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report
- Sex workers suffer ''horrific'' rape, beatings and discrimination: Report