Kerala rocked by wave of Malaysian sex drugs
Kuala Lumpur: The influx of illegal imports of Malaysian-made sex-enhancing stimulants has had Kerala’s drug control officials worried.
Libido boosters in the form of gel, aphrodisiac brew, herbal pills and anti-impotence drugs, mostly produced by Malaysian firms, are household names in the southern Indian state.
“Marketing is usually done through MLM (multilevel-marketing) and it is hard for us to monitor,” the Star Online quoted Ravi S Menon, Assistant Drugs Controller of Kerala’s central zone as saying.
According to Menon, some cash-rich Keralites were willing to splurge on pleasure-boosting items, which are often sold at exorbitant prices, like the sex stimulant gel for men is being sold for about Rs 3,000 (RM185) in some parts of the state.
“There is a strong demand in Kerala for these items ... they are usually imported together with cosmetics,” he added. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders