Kerala rocked by wave of Malaysian sex drugs
Kuala Lumpur: The influx of illegal imports of Malaysian-made sex-enhancing stimulants has had Kerala’s drug control officials worried.
Libido boosters in the form of gel, aphrodisiac brew, herbal pills and anti-impotence drugs, mostly produced by Malaysian firms, are household names in the southern Indian state.
“Marketing is usually done through MLM (multilevel-marketing) and it is hard for us to monitor,” the Star Online quoted Ravi S Menon, Assistant Drugs Controller of Kerala’s central zone as saying.
According to Menon, some cash-rich Keralites were willing to splurge on pleasure-boosting items, which are often sold at exorbitant prices, like the sex stimulant gel for men is being sold for about Rs 3,000 (RM185) in some parts of the state.
“There is a strong demand in Kerala for these items ... they are usually imported together with cosmetics,” he added. (ANI)
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'