Kerala rocked by wave of Malaysian sex drugs
Kuala Lumpur: The influx of illegal imports of Malaysian-made sex-enhancing stimulants has had Kerala’s drug control officials worried.
Libido boosters in the form of gel, aphrodisiac brew, herbal pills and anti-impotence drugs, mostly produced by Malaysian firms, are household names in the southern Indian state.
“Marketing is usually done through MLM (multilevel-marketing) and it is hard for us to monitor,” the Star Online quoted Ravi S Menon, Assistant Drugs Controller of Kerala’s central zone as saying.
According to Menon, some cash-rich Keralites were willing to splurge on pleasure-boosting items, which are often sold at exorbitant prices, like the sex stimulant gel for men is being sold for about Rs 3,000 (RM185) in some parts of the state.
“There is a strong demand in Kerala for these items ... they are usually imported together with cosmetics,” he added. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway