Kerala rocked by wave of Malaysian sex drugs
Kuala Lumpur: The influx of illegal imports of Malaysian-made sex-enhancing stimulants has had Kerala’s drug control officials worried.
Libido boosters in the form of gel, aphrodisiac brew, herbal pills and anti-impotence drugs, mostly produced by Malaysian firms, are household names in the southern Indian state.
“Marketing is usually done through MLM (multilevel-marketing) and it is hard for us to monitor,” the Star Online quoted Ravi S Menon, Assistant Drugs Controller of Kerala’s central zone as saying.
According to Menon, some cash-rich Keralites were willing to splurge on pleasure-boosting items, which are often sold at exorbitant prices, like the sex stimulant gel for men is being sold for about Rs 3,000 (RM185) in some parts of the state.
“There is a strong demand in Kerala for these items ... they are usually imported together with cosmetics,” he added. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi