Kerala Secretariat stops work to see Sachin Tendulkar
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Secretariat came to a virtual standstill on Tuesday as government employees mobbed Sachin Tendulkar when the cricketer came to meet Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
Hundreds began gathering near Chandy`s office from 10 a.m. as word spread about Tendulkar`s visit to meet the chief minister to promote Tendulkar`s newly acquired team in the ISL football tournament.
When Chandy reached his office, he was visibly shocked to see that the media had almost taken over his official room.
Soon, senior ministers including KM Mani and PK Kunhalikutty too reached Chandy`s room, and so did Chandy`s son and daughter as well as all his staff members.
When Tendulkar arrived at the Secretariat, the security staff had a tough time controlling the crowds and taking to Chandy`s room.
Amid a scramble to get a glimpse of the cricketing hero, a smiling Tendulkar shook hands with all the ministers while the media was politely asked to wait outside.
Chandy`s media conference room had never witnessed such a rush. With only two chairs placed for Chandy and Tendulkar, Chief Secretary EK Bharat Bhusan had to remain standing during the media interaction.
Tendulkar then went to meet the leader of the opposition - and later flew to Kochi to see the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium where the matches are to be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'