Kerala Secretariat stops work to see Sachin Tendulkar
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Secretariat came to a virtual standstill on Tuesday as government employees mobbed Sachin Tendulkar when the cricketer came to meet Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
Hundreds began gathering near Chandy`s office from 10 a.m. as word spread about Tendulkar`s visit to meet the chief minister to promote Tendulkar`s newly acquired team in the ISL football tournament.
When Chandy reached his office, he was visibly shocked to see that the media had almost taken over his official room.
Soon, senior ministers including KM Mani and PK Kunhalikutty too reached Chandy`s room, and so did Chandy`s son and daughter as well as all his staff members.
When Tendulkar arrived at the Secretariat, the security staff had a tough time controlling the crowds and taking to Chandy`s room.
Amid a scramble to get a glimpse of the cricketing hero, a smiling Tendulkar shook hands with all the ministers while the media was politely asked to wait outside.
Chandy`s media conference room had never witnessed such a rush. With only two chairs placed for Chandy and Tendulkar, Chief Secretary EK Bharat Bhusan had to remain standing during the media interaction.
Tendulkar then went to meet the leader of the opposition - and later flew to Kochi to see the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium where the matches are to be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders