Kerala: Seven year RI for man in sexual assault
Kottayam: A local court here sentenced a man
to rigorous imprisonment for seven years and imposed a fine of
Rs 30,000 for sexually assaulting a woman after attacking her
District additional special judge S Jagadeesh charged Xavy
Thomas (50)here under various sections of IPC for rape,
robbery, abduction and causing injury to the couple.
According to prosecution, Thomas attacked the couple while
they were returning from a temple on February 23, 2010. After
injuring the husband, he sexually assaulted the woman at a
nearby rubber estate and escaped with her gold ornaments.
During the course of investigation, Circle Inspector,
Sub-inspector and assistant sub-inspector of Kaduthuruthy were
suspended for negligence.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note