Kerala: Seven year RI for man in sexual assault
Kottayam: A local court here sentenced a man
to rigorous imprisonment for seven years and imposed a fine of
Rs 30,000 for sexually assaulting a woman after attacking her
District additional special judge S Jagadeesh charged Xavy
Thomas (50)here under various sections of IPC for rape,
robbery, abduction and causing injury to the couple.
According to prosecution, Thomas attacked the couple while
they were returning from a temple on February 23, 2010. After
injuring the husband, he sexually assaulted the woman at a
nearby rubber estate and escaped with her gold ornaments.
During the course of investigation, Circle Inspector,
Sub-inspector and assistant sub-inspector of Kaduthuruthy were
suspended for negligence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list