Kerala: Seven year RI for man in sexual assault
Kottayam: A local court here sentenced a man
to rigorous imprisonment for seven years and imposed a fine of
Rs 30,000 for sexually assaulting a woman after attacking her
District additional special judge S Jagadeesh charged Xavy
Thomas (50)here under various sections of IPC for rape,
robbery, abduction and causing injury to the couple.
According to prosecution, Thomas attacked the couple while
they were returning from a temple on February 23, 2010. After
injuring the husband, he sexually assaulted the woman at a
nearby rubber estate and escaped with her gold ornaments.
During the course of investigation, Circle Inspector,
Sub-inspector and assistant sub-inspector of Kaduthuruthy were
suspended for negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed