Kerala: Seven year RI for man in sexual assault
Kottayam: A local court here sentenced a man
to rigorous imprisonment for seven years and imposed a fine of
Rs 30,000 for sexually assaulting a woman after attacking her
District additional special judge S Jagadeesh charged Xavy
Thomas (50)here under various sections of IPC for rape,
robbery, abduction and causing injury to the couple.
According to prosecution, Thomas attacked the couple while
they were returning from a temple on February 23, 2010. After
injuring the husband, he sexually assaulted the woman at a
nearby rubber estate and escaped with her gold ornaments.
During the course of investigation, Circle Inspector,
Sub-inspector and assistant sub-inspector of Kaduthuruthy were
suspended for negligence.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country