Kerala: Seven year RI for man in sexual assault
Kottayam: A local court here sentenced a man
to rigorous imprisonment for seven years and imposed a fine of
Rs 30,000 for sexually assaulting a woman after attacking her
District additional special judge S Jagadeesh charged Xavy
Thomas (50)here under various sections of IPC for rape,
robbery, abduction and causing injury to the couple.
According to prosecution, Thomas attacked the couple while
they were returning from a temple on February 23, 2010. After
injuring the husband, he sexually assaulted the woman at a
nearby rubber estate and escaped with her gold ornaments.
During the course of investigation, Circle Inspector,
Sub-inspector and assistant sub-inspector of Kaduthuruthy were
suspended for negligence.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption