Kerala: Ship owner to pay Rs 25 lakh each to fishermen`s kin
Kochi: The owner of the Singapore-flagged vessel, suspected to have collided with a boat off Kerala on
March 1, has been directed by Kerala High court to pay Rs 25
lakh each to families of the four of the five fishermen
The relatives of Jose, Justin, Cleatus and Santosh had
informed the court that they had discussed the compensation
issue with Tolani Shipping company, owners of M V Prabhu Daya.
The issue had been sent for mediation by the court.
The mediation cell`s report was filed before Justice
Haroon-Ul Rasheed, who accepted it yesterday.
The relatives of another fisherman, who was killed in the
collision, has approached the Madras High court for
The relatives had earlier asked for Rs one crore
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH