Kerala: Ship owner to pay Rs 25 lakh each to fishermen`s kin
Kochi: The owner of the Singapore-flagged vessel, suspected to have collided with a boat off Kerala on
March 1, has been directed by Kerala High court to pay Rs 25
lakh each to families of the four of the five fishermen
The relatives of Jose, Justin, Cleatus and Santosh had
informed the court that they had discussed the compensation
issue with Tolani Shipping company, owners of M V Prabhu Daya.
The issue had been sent for mediation by the court.
The mediation cell`s report was filed before Justice
Haroon-Ul Rasheed, who accepted it yesterday.
The relatives of another fisherman, who was killed in the
collision, has approached the Madras High court for
The relatives had earlier asked for Rs one crore
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler