Kerala should develop clean green industries: Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
Kochi: Focussing on exports, Kerala should develop clean green industries, Former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on Friday said.
Inaugurating the silver jubilee celebrations of Cochin Export Processing Zone Industries Association here, Kalam said Industrial production of the state should be tripled within the next 5 years.
Skill development of the youth has to be accelerated towards industrialisation and capacity building should be the major activities of industries association, he said.
He suggested that Special Economic Zones should create an Industrial Ecosystem aiming at capturing the Global market which will further enhance the state`s per capita income.
According to Kalam, this is the opportune time for encouraging innovation to rejuvenate agricultural sector, particularly value addition.
He said even as the world and the country are impacted by global economic crisis, innovation and out of box solutions are called for. "We need to find new product ideas and processes which can be created by our indigenous talents," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!