Kerala should develop clean green industries: Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
Kochi: Focussing on exports, Kerala should develop clean green industries, Former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on Friday said.
Inaugurating the silver jubilee celebrations of Cochin Export Processing Zone Industries Association here, Kalam said Industrial production of the state should be tripled within the next 5 years.
Skill development of the youth has to be accelerated towards industrialisation and capacity building should be the major activities of industries association, he said.
He suggested that Special Economic Zones should create an Industrial Ecosystem aiming at capturing the Global market which will further enhance the state`s per capita income.
According to Kalam, this is the opportune time for encouraging innovation to rejuvenate agricultural sector, particularly value addition.
He said even as the world and the country are impacted by global economic crisis, innovation and out of box solutions are called for. "We need to find new product ideas and processes which can be created by our indigenous talents," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'