Kerala should develop clean green industries: Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
Kochi: Focussing on exports, Kerala should develop clean green industries, Former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on Friday said.
Inaugurating the silver jubilee celebrations of Cochin Export Processing Zone Industries Association here, Kalam said Industrial production of the state should be tripled within the next 5 years.
Skill development of the youth has to be accelerated towards industrialisation and capacity building should be the major activities of industries association, he said.
He suggested that Special Economic Zones should create an Industrial Ecosystem aiming at capturing the Global market which will further enhance the state`s per capita income.
According to Kalam, this is the opportune time for encouraging innovation to rejuvenate agricultural sector, particularly value addition.
He said even as the world and the country are impacted by global economic crisis, innovation and out of box solutions are called for. "We need to find new product ideas and processes which can be created by our indigenous talents," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram