Kerala teacher turns `barber` to punish students
Palakkad: In a bizarre incident, a
school teacher allegedly cut the hair of over 90 students to
maintain the school code at government-run Kendriya Vidyalaya.
On Monday, after the school assembly, Pradeep
Raveendran, allegedly pulled out boys who had not trimmed
their hair. He lined them up behind the assembly hall before
setting out on his `disciplinary mission` with a pair of
scissors brought from home, sources said.
The episode lasted for over three class-periods
without the knowledge of either the principal or his
Angry parents lodged a complaint yesterday against the
teacher with the school authorities, after which local people
also intervened in the issue.
The principal of the school at Kanjikode area later
convened a meeting of parents during which the teacher
tendered an unconditional apology.
School authorities have informed the Kendriya
Vidyalaya Sanghathan, Chennai, and sought an explanation from
the teacher concerned.
However, School principal S Nalayini said that
most of the `affected` students and their parents have given
in writing that they were not insisting on action against the
teacher and asked the authorities not to relax any school code
in the light of the `sorry` incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened