Kerala teacher turns `barber` to punish students
Palakkad: In a bizarre incident, a
school teacher allegedly cut the hair of over 90 students to
maintain the school code at government-run Kendriya Vidyalaya.
On Monday, after the school assembly, Pradeep
Raveendran, allegedly pulled out boys who had not trimmed
their hair. He lined them up behind the assembly hall before
setting out on his `disciplinary mission` with a pair of
scissors brought from home, sources said.
The episode lasted for over three class-periods
without the knowledge of either the principal or his
Angry parents lodged a complaint yesterday against the
teacher with the school authorities, after which local people
also intervened in the issue.
The principal of the school at Kanjikode area later
convened a meeting of parents during which the teacher
tendered an unconditional apology.
School authorities have informed the Kendriya
Vidyalaya Sanghathan, Chennai, and sought an explanation from
the teacher concerned.
However, School principal S Nalayini said that
most of the `affected` students and their parents have given
in writing that they were not insisting on action against the
teacher and asked the authorities not to relax any school code
in the light of the `sorry` incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda