Kerala teacher turns `barber` to punish students
Palakkad: In a bizarre incident, a
school teacher allegedly cut the hair of over 90 students to
maintain the school code at government-run Kendriya Vidyalaya.
On Monday, after the school assembly, Pradeep
Raveendran, allegedly pulled out boys who had not trimmed
their hair. He lined them up behind the assembly hall before
setting out on his `disciplinary mission` with a pair of
scissors brought from home, sources said.
The episode lasted for over three class-periods
without the knowledge of either the principal or his
Angry parents lodged a complaint yesterday against the
teacher with the school authorities, after which local people
also intervened in the issue.
The principal of the school at Kanjikode area later
convened a meeting of parents during which the teacher
tendered an unconditional apology.
School authorities have informed the Kendriya
Vidyalaya Sanghathan, Chennai, and sought an explanation from
the teacher concerned.
However, School principal S Nalayini said that
most of the `affected` students and their parents have given
in writing that they were not insisting on action against the
teacher and asked the authorities not to relax any school code
in the light of the `sorry` incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists