Kerala teacher turns `barber` to punish students
Palakkad: In a bizarre incident, a
school teacher allegedly cut the hair of over 90 students to
maintain the school code at government-run Kendriya Vidyalaya.
On Monday, after the school assembly, Pradeep
Raveendran, allegedly pulled out boys who had not trimmed
their hair. He lined them up behind the assembly hall before
setting out on his `disciplinary mission` with a pair of
scissors brought from home, sources said.
The episode lasted for over three class-periods
without the knowledge of either the principal or his
Angry parents lodged a complaint yesterday against the
teacher with the school authorities, after which local people
also intervened in the issue.
The principal of the school at Kanjikode area later
convened a meeting of parents during which the teacher
tendered an unconditional apology.
School authorities have informed the Kendriya
Vidyalaya Sanghathan, Chennai, and sought an explanation from
the teacher concerned.
However, School principal S Nalayini said that
most of the `affected` students and their parents have given
in writing that they were not insisting on action against the
teacher and asked the authorities not to relax any school code
in the light of the `sorry` incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss