Kerala Thunder Bolts ready for action
Thiruvananthapuram: `Kerala Thunder Bolts,` the first commando force of Kerala police under the India Reserve Battalion (IRB) with begin operations by the end of this month.
Two companies of Thunder Bolts, having 160 personnel, were being recruited after two years of rigorous and specialised training, R Sreelekha, ADGP (Armed Police Battalion) told reporters here on Monday.
Forty more personnel are now being trained and would be absorbed into the force later, she said.
The passing-out parade of the commandos will be held on August 24. A tactical demonstration of the first batch would be held at the Chandrasekharan Nair stadium here tomorrow in the presence of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan.
The commando force had been trained to have the expertise of National Security Guards and Special Protection Group. CRPF Assistant Commandant L Solomon had been working as the mentor trainer of the force, Sreelekha said.
The commandos are in the 18-21 age group and had been imparted training in battle obstacles assault course, mob operation, jungle warfare, anti-terrorism, counter urban insurgency, bomb detection and disposal, disaster management, underwater and airborne operations.
Their equipment are of world standards, including tactical vests, light weight bullet jackets, tactical boots, hi-tech communication devices, satellite phones, night vision devices and specially designed helmets, she said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire